|International Relations Office
| Home > Sections > International Relations Office
International Relations Office
|Prof. Nevena Mileva, PhD,
Vice-Rector, International Relations and Scientific Reaserch
Mrs. Nadya Kaneva, M.A., Institutional Contract Administrator and Outgoing Students’ Advisor
Mrs. Radosveta Mishevska, M.A., Incoming Students’ Advisеr
'Paisii Hilendarski'University of Plovdiv participates successfully in international cooperation. Bilateral agreements have been signed between The univeristy of Plovdiv and universities in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Russia, Lithuania, Yugoslavia, etc. The University takes part in international programmes, such as COST, NATO, Leonardo, CEEPUS, 6FP, Marie Curie fellowships and in subprogrammes of the Socrates programme - Comenius, Erasmus, Minerva and Jean Monet project.
List of universities with which the University of Plovdiv
has active cooperation agreements:
State University of Belarus
Charles University in Prague
University of Koblenz-Landau
Technical University of Dresden
University of Serres
University of Padjadjaran
University of Florence
The Autonomous University of Baja California
Marie Curie Sklodovska University of Lublin
Adam Mickiewicz University of Poznan
Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Cracow College
Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina
University of Banja Luka
State University of Saint Petersburg
Joint Institute for Nuclear Research - Dubna
International Institute for the Sociology of Law (Onati)
University of Granada
Trakya University of Edirne
||Assoc. Prof. Maria Stoyanova, PhD, Institutional Erasmus Coordinator
Mrs. Nadya Kaneva, M.A., Institutional Contract Administrator andOutgoing Students’ AdvisorE-mail: nadyauni-plovdiv.bg Mrs. Radosveta Mishevska, M.A., Incoming Students’ Advisеr
Erasmus Policy Statement (EPS)
Charter-EUC 2007-2013 extended-EUC 66671
‘Paisii Hilendarski' University of Plovdiv (further named PU) has been successfully participating in the first part of Socrates program since 2000. PU is well situated to take in the formation of the European Educational and Research Area. Our university has fruitful scientific cooperation with over 80 institutions of higher education in Europe; PU acts as a co-coordinator in 3 projects under Minerva program and as a partner institution in the other 10 projects under Comenius,Lingua, Minerva, Jean Monet, as well as in 4 Leonardo projects. We have bilateral agreements with over 60 institutions of higher education abroad and have realized above 140 mobility flows so far.By promoting the use of various mobility instruments of European Union the university strives to provide high quality of academic mobility and cooperation thereby adding an European dimension to the educational process at PU.The most important objectives and priorities for the period 2007-2013 at PU will be the following:
- Widely introduce and advertise by all means (university newspaper ‘Plovdivski universitet', web site www.uni-plovdiv.bg, open info-days and color posters) the new stage of Socrates program-LLP, its conditions and advantages;
- Increase number of the mobility in represented subjects and countries and try to arrange mobility in the rest subject areas to non-widely visited countries;
- Encourage all students and teachers to take the opportunity to study and teach abroad and to take part in multilateral projects, thematic networks and in any other European educational initiatives;
- Help teachers and researchers with finding the proper partners for new projects;
- Urge each faculty to prepare and offer courses in foreign languages;
- Provide students with an education and professional skills that are relevant to the European labor market;
- Explore all possibilities for arrangements of students' placements at home and abroad;
- To give visibility to Erasmus activities, the text of EUC and EPS will be uploaded in the web site and paper copies of the signed EUC will be framed and put on in Rector's Office, Conference Hall and International Relations Office;
- The copy of the signed EUC will be given to each faculty to be observed;
- PU has always aimed at an impartial criteria and assessment of the mobility applications, giving in this way an equal chance to the representatives of both genders, to disabled students as well as to students from different social, economic and religious communities. Plovdiv is a picturesque place where Bulgarians, Turks, Armenians, Greeks, Gypsies, Jews and Bulgarian Mohammedans live for ages in peace and understanding.
- We have already sent and received students with disabilities, as well as students from different religions.
Quality of Academic Activity
- PU strives for providing high quality of academic mobility and aims at extending the process of equalization of the Bulgarian education with the European standards. For this purpose every year foreign lecturers visit our university under Erasmus and deliver lectures to Bulgarian students.
- ECTS was gradually launched at the faculties of PU. In 2003 with a financing from the Erasmus program, PU published European Students' Guide together with ECTS information packages for almost all faculties. Later this guide was published with university funding and its electronic version was uploaded at university web site.
- PU has formulated special interior rules for executing of Erasmus program that were accepted by the Academic Council of the university at its meeting on October 24, 2005. They explain the election procedure for students and teachers and say that full academic recognition will be given to the academic records obtained abroad.
- In March 2005 PU defends at the Ministry of education and Science in Sofia and obtains permission for issuing an international Diploma Supplement, which is given upon request in the three basic languages of the EU: English, French and German.
- The faculties at PU have their own web site list of courses, study programs and credits.
- A special written instruction for outgoing students and teachers has been published on the site of The International Relations Office (IRO) that explains all necessary steps from application procedure to receiving the Erasmus grant before leaving.
- PU offers places in the students' dormitory to all incoming Erasmus students; organizes short excursions and welcome meeting for them and helps foreign teachers with accommodation.
- Former Erasmus students from PU help incoming students to integrate themselves easily in the new academic and social environment.
- Two specialized units at PU help students and teachers to prepare/refresh their language skills-Foreign Students Language Preparation Department and Foreign Language Centre.
Quality of Student Placement Activity
Due to the specificity of tuition at PU, namely training of specialists for educational purposes and state enterprise (philologists, sociologists, historians, teachers, IT specialists, jurists, economists) and in the less degree biologists, chemists, physics, the University has an experience in concluding agreements for all kinds of teachers' and social workers' placements in kindergartens, primary and secondary schools, homes for elderly people, logopedic rooms, homes for disabled children, employment agencies, pedagogic centers for work with children that have anti-social behavior. In all these cases PU pays to a part of the staff from these institutions.There are some other kinds of student placement at PU:
In 2006 at PU, The Career Center was established, to arrange and facilitate the organization and realization of the future student placements at home and abroad.
- The students from the faculty of Biology realize placements outdoors-at the seaside or in the mountains for collecting new biologic and plant species.
- The students in Archeology and Ethnology from the faculty of history and philosophy participate in archeological excavation, together with students from abroad.
- The students in major chemistry carry out the underlain in the curricula placement in Bulgarian enterprises. For all above mentioned placements the students do not receive payment.
List of Erasmus partner institutions:
AustriaJohannes Kepler University of LinzUniversity of Salzburg BelgiumLessius Hogeschool, AntwerpenGhent University Czech RepublicCharles University in PraguePalacky University in OlomoucMasaryk University of BrnoUniversity of ParadubiceUniversity of Ostrava EstoniaTallinn UniversityTallinn Pedagogical UniversityUniversity of Tartu
FinlandUniversity of Helsinki FranceUniversity of Paris 8 – Vincennes Saint-DenisUniversity of AntillesUniversity of NantesUniversity of Science and Technology – Lille 1University Lumiere Lyon 2University Jean Monnet- Saint- EtienneRobert Schuman University of StrasbourgCentre de Formation Pedagogique d’Aquitaine, BordeauxUniversity of CaenUniversity of Toulose IIIUniversité des Antilles et de la GuyaneUniversité Montpellier IUniversité Montpellier IIUniversité de Paris - Sorbonne (Paris IV)
GermanyUniversity of DresdenFachhochschule Lausitz – University of Applied Sciences, SenftenbergUniversity of GoettingenUniversity of GreifswaldUniversity of Duisburg-EssenUniversity of KoblenzUniversity of KolnFachhochschule Oldenburg/Ostfriesland/WilhelmshavenHumboldt - Universitat Zu BerlinFriedrich-Schiller Universitat JenaUniversity of PotsdamTechnical University of Dresden
GreeceAlexander Technological Educational Institution of ThessalonikiAristotle University of ThessalonikiUniversity of AthensTechnological Educational Institute of SerresDemocritus University od KomotiniUniversity of IoanninaHarokopio University - AthensUniversity of PatrasTechnological Educational Institute of PatrasDemocritus University of KomotiniUniversity of ThessalyUniversity of Macedonia Economics and Social Sciences
HungaryUniversity of SzegedEotvos Lorand UniversityCorvinus University of Budapest
ItalyUniversity of Florence'La Sapienza' University of RomeCa' Foscari University of VeniceUniversity of SalernoUniversity of Turin
LatviaSchool of Business Administration Turiba
LithuaniaKlaipeda Business College
NorwayUniversity of Tromso
PolandAdam Mickiewicz University, PoznanNicolaus Copernicus University, TorunAndrzej Frycz Modrzewski Cracow CollegeUniversity of LublinPedagogical University in WarsawUniversity of Bielsko-BialaUniversity of LodzHigher Vocational State School in WloclawekPedagogical University of CracowMaria Curie - Sklodowska University of LublinUniversity of Podlasie
PortugalUniversity of AveiroLisbon University InstituteUniversity of Algarve
RomaniaUniversity of TimisoaraUniversity of BucurestUniversity of Craiova
SlovakiaTechnical University of KosiceComenius University of Bratislava
SloveniaUniversity of Ljubljana SpainUniversity of AlicanteUniversity of Bilbao Pais VascoUniversity of Cantabria, SantanderUniversity of Navarra, PamplonaUniversidad del Pais VascoUniversity of BurgosUniversity of Valladolid
TurkeyAnkara UniversityTrakya University in EdirneKafkas University in KarsUludag UniversityAnadoly UniversityEskisehir Osmangazi UniversityIstanbul Technical UniversityIstanbul Aydin UniversityTOBB University of Economics and Technology
United KingdomUniversity of WolverhamptonUniversity of Wales Institute CardiffLoughborough UniversityCranfield UniversitySouthampton Solent University